From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RE: Kernel Modules
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 02:04:40
1 -original message-
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
3 From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
4 Date: 2011-06-11 03:05
5
6 >I notice a really long list of things when I do this:
7 >
8 >eselect bashcomp list
9 >
10 >Is there a way to just enable them all? Is there some that should NOT
11 >be enabled, maybe for good reason?
12
13 Personally, I do some cherry-picking and enable a bashcomp when I found out I need it. I have 2 concerns (which may or may not be true):
14
15 1. It will make bash (or the whole system) slower
16
17 2. For some commands I *might* want the standard completion
18
19 That results in a short list of 'essential' bashcomps that I enable this way:
20
21 for m in $ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP; do eselect bashcomp enable $m; done
22
23 Shove that line (prepended by ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP) into a script, save the script somewhere safe and retrievable, and everytime I need to enable the bashcomp modules, I'll just download the script and execute it :)
24
25 Rgds,
26 --
27 FdS Pandu E Poluan