From: Joshua D Doll <joshua.doll@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.26, rtc problem
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:19:17
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > ======= On Friday 18 July 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote: =======
3 >
4 >> On Friday 18 July 2008, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi!
7 >>>
8 >>> After upgrading to 2.6.26 I have got a problem with starting hwclock
9 >>> service - it doesn't find /dev/rtc. I have tried to add rtc_cmos
10 >>> to /conf.d/modules, but the module loads after the service starting.
11 >>>
12 >>> So, questions are:
13 >>>
14 >>> 1. How to force the module loading be before the service starting?
15 >>>
16 >> I believe /etc/modules.d/* may do it. AFAIK it runs very early in the
17 >> init sequence
21 >> --
22 >> Alan McKinnon
23 >> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
26 > If understand well, those files (in /etc/modules.d/) contain configuration
27 > options for modules rather a list of modules to load.
28 >
29 > The was /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 file wich at some update point
30 > magically disappered. I think Gentoo developers suppose some replacement
31 > for this file.
34 > Andrew
35 >
36 I still have that file on one of my systems. My other system is running
37 openrc which does not have that file but it does have /etc/conf.d/modules.
38
39 --Joshua Doll
40 --
41 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list