From: John <sorosj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openoffice.org binary for ppc
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:31:02
1 Hi all!
2 I am pretty new to the world of gentoo, tho I've been using linux for
3 quite a while now (debian, gentoo). I am installing linux for friends,
4 and because they have pretty slow computers, I thought gentoo will be my
5 best choice. Of course, I did not expect to spend two weeks just
6 installing it...but it seems to be working qute well even on a 333Mhz
7 ppc laptop.
8 The problem is that I dont have enough room on the hard disk to compile
9 openoffice.org, so I was wondering if there was any place I could
10 download a binary version for ppc.
11 I read about all of this binhost stuff, and am not sure about what it
12 is, but googling for ppc binhost, opnoffice or anything like that did
13 not yield anything exept a two years old package.
14 Could anyone elighten me plz? maybe I did not get something? Or does
15 someone have a compiled ppc vesion?
16 Thanx!
17
19 gentoo rox