From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.23 and xorg delayed startup
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:25:49
1 Michael George wrote:
2 > I just upgraded my kernel from 2.6.19 to 2.6.23 and it takes almost a
3 > minute for X to start now.
4 >
5 > I have changed window managers (normally ctwm, tested with twm) with the
6 > same results. I rebooted the 2.6.19 kernel and X fires right up as
7 > expected. Booting back to 2.6.23 and it's excruciatingly long.
8 >
9 > I saw some prior posts which indicated a network problem, but in that
10 > case the OP said that the loopback interface wasn't up. I checked my
11 > system (ifconfig) and both lo and eth0 are up and running.
12 I see that you checked if it was up, but have you pinged 127.0.0.1?
13 Also, could you possibly have firewall rules setup blocking things on
14 lo? It's a shot in the dark but sometimes the oddest of problems have
15 the simplest of solutions.
16
17 HTH
18 Eric