From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] continue an installation
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:28:33
1 Willie WY Wong writes:
2
3 > Suppose that I tried to emerge a package, and the compilation phase
4 > went through without problems, but it got stopped in the installation
5 > phase. Is there a way to (after I fixed the problem) to tell portage
6 > to install the (now all already compiled binaries sitting in
7 > /var/tmp/portage) directly without having to redo the compiling phase?
8 >
9 > Case in point:
10 >
11 > I just tried to update dev-lib/boost to 1.52. The compilation went
12 > without a hitch, but the installation died because of file collision
13 > against (I think) boost-1.49.0-r1000. Now that the colliding files are
14 > no longer there, is there a way to tell portage to go ahead an install
15 > boost-1.52 from the compiled sources in /var/tmp/portage ?
16
17 FEATURES=keepwork emerge -1ua boost
18
19 If you also want to avoid collisions:
20
21 FEATURES="keepwork -collision-protect -protect-owned" emerge -1ua boost
22
23 Wonko