From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean asking to remove *many* perl
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:58:19
1 On 11/05/12 17:39, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > A recent world update followed by depclean resulted in a request to
3 > remove nearly 30 dev-perl packages (plus an old boost).
4 >
5 > I don't use perl, but wonder what triggered this change. I have not
6 > changed any use flags.
7 >
8 > My inclination is to let depclean have its way, but wanted to check here
9 > first in case this looks suspicious to anyone.
10
11 Something dropped the perl dependency. Same results here. I let it
12 remove it and there were no problems.