From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stroppy perl-cleaner
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:20:43
1 On 14/02/2015 16:11, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday 14 February 2015 11:53:23 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Your use of -- to supply extra arguments to emerge. It means you may
5 >> be using unsupported options so if it breaks, the pieces are all
6 >> yours.
7 >
8 > Yes, I can read the words, Neil ;-) I just want to know whether it's
9 > safe to ignore the warning even when issued with such vigour. As I said,
10 > I can't see anything dangerous in the arguments I pass in the alias.
14 Those should be safe, none of your selected options change the final output.
15
16 Personally, I think the warning is going a tad overboard, but hey to
17 each dev his own
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com