From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iproute2 reference
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:36:53
1 On Sunday, 10 June 2018 16:52:48 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 10 June 2018 16:22:18 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
3 > > > On 2018-06-10, at 09:15, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 --->8
5 > To thumb through the man pages you need to extend man ip with the OBJECT.
6 > Same applies with --help pages.
7 >
8 > For example, to read the help page of 'ip address':
9 >
10 > ip address help
11 >
12 > the corresponding man page is:
13 >
14 > man ip-address
15
16 Yes, I've explored what's installed with iproute2, and no, Andrew, I'm not
17 using systemd - thanks anyway.
18
19 I want to control routing, specifically, on a multi-home box. Distilling the
20 man pages is going to take me a long time and a lot of effort, which is why I
21 hoped to find an easier way to absorb what I need to know.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.