From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers problem on xorg 1.6.3.901-r2
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:02:07
1 On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:29:09 +0930
2 Iain Buchanan wrote:
3
4 Hi,
5
6 > In my experience, various nvidia-drivers just seem to "not work" with
7 > my system, no matter how many times I rebuild and recheck things. I
8 > have a whole bunch of versions masked. Looking back, I never seemed
9 > to have a problem with 180.60 - I ran it for about 4-6 weeks.
10 >
11 > You could try adding this to /etc/portage/package.mask:
12 > =x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-180.60
13
14 I did upgrade...
15
16 > Then decide whether you want to downgrade to the previous stable, or
17 > upgrade to the latest unstable. I'm running unstable 190.42-r2 and so
18 > far it's quite "stable", but as we've seen, every system is different!
19 > (I'm on ~x86, so quite a bit of my system will differ from yours).
20 here I'm... same version as you but diff revision .
21
22 [I] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
23 Installed versions: 190.42-r3!s(12:51:20 PM 11/16/2009)(acpi gtk kernel_li
24
25 X starts fine (I see NVidia logo for only half second) I can change
26 between workspaces fine, but when I open an application it hangs... I'm
27 lucky cause I can change to virtual console with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and no
28 reboot needed, but I'm really tired about this issue...
29 nv does not work neither and I don't know what else I can try... Vesa
30 sucks (well, at least I can see things in my screen if I take off my
31 glasses).... and I see no other people with same problem.
32
33 > HTH,
34 Thanks for your reply,
37 Arnau Bria
38 http://blog.emergetux.net
39 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity