From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem installing mod_proxy
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:26:48
1 On Tuesday 16 January 2007 12:56, Thomas Balthazar wrote:
2 > Thanks for your answer.
3 > What I need is mod_proxy.
4 > I don't even know exactly what mod_proxy_html is and if it can help me.
5 >
6 > # ls /usr/sbin/apxs2 :
7 > ls: /usr/sbin/apxs2: No such file or directory
8 > But apxs is available here :
9 > /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
10 [SNIP]
11
12 So do you have apache in package.provided and package.mask? Why not install it
13 through portage?
14
15 > What does this "If apxs2 exists you may just need `env-update && source
16 > /etc/profile`." do?
17
18 That was if /usr/sbin/apxs2 existed and you just needed bash to recognize it.
19 If you really want to use the apache in /usr/local you can symlink apxs2 from
20 there to /usr/sbin.
23 Bo Andresen