From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about updating /etc/portage/package.use
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:20:15
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 05:01:16 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > When I've seen this message before, it is because a package I have in
4 > > package.use has moved categories. etc-update should sort this out for
5 > > you.
6 >
7 > It looks like it was due to the qemu-kvm ==> qemu migration...
8 >
9 > -app-emulation/qemu-kvm sdl
10 > +# move app-emulation/qemu-kvm app-emulation/qemu
11 > +app-emulation/qemu sdl
12
13 That's the same one I saw a few weeks ago. Isn't portage clever? :)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Theory is when you know everything, but nothing works.
20 Reality is when everything works, but you don't know why.
21 However, usually theory and reality are mixed together :
22 Nothing works, and nobody knows why not.