From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 06:03:27
1 Some comments were made recently about KDE4, where it was advised
2 "don't try using just Kmail under a different window manager - use the
3 whole KDE environment, but not single apps. Use something else instead
4 of Kmail".
5
6 I kept my gob somewhat shut at that time, because I've been using
7 Knode for a long time on my headless server. I ssh in from my Mac and
8 open Knode in X11.
9
10 I guess Usenet isn't so popular these days, and I have never been able
11 to find a Mac native client that I'm happy with.
12
13 I like Knode's simple 3-pane layout. Knode has improved visually with
14 the KDE4 release, but the much debated KDE4 dependencies thing.
15
16 It has only just occurred to me today to ask if there's an alternative
17 that looks & acts just the same, but which isn't part of the whole
18 KDE4 environment.
19
20 Any suggestions?
21