From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge -aDvu world stopped by media-sound/xmms
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:33:54
1 On 10/24/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > After the latest emerge-sync portage ends up in an illegal state, and
3 > I'm not sure how to
4 > proceed. Error message follows, but first a few notes:
5 > 1) I have and occasionally use media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre8 which is
6 > not masked.
7 > 2) I generally run stable.
8 > 3) I had, but unmerged kicker-applets, but that did not help
9 > 4) I had, but unmerged, media-sound/xmms-1.2.10-r15, but that did not
10 > help either.
11
12 Add --newuse to include and rebuild packages that used to have an xmms
13 USE flag (which is now masked).
14
15 > 5) I would change to an alternative to mplayer if it would help and I
16 > knew what it was.
17
18 # Use anything but this, like media-sound/audacious
19 # media-sound/amarok media-sound/mpd media-sound/rhythmbox
20 # media-sound/muine media-sound/banshee
21
22 See also the (very) recent thread on this topic.
23
24 -Richard
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list