From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should mysql crash sometimes?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:45:18
1 On 11/29/2010 08:46 AM, Grant wrote:
2 >>> I'm told I need to run mysqld with --skip-grant-tables. I'm used to
3 >>> using Gentoo's mysql initscript. Should 'mysqld --skip-grant-tables'
4 >>> work?
5 >>
6 >> You can add it to /etc/mysql/my.cnf and restart. Remove it and restart again
7 >> when you've finished.
8 >>
9 >> kashani
10 >
11 > That worked perfectly, thank you.
12 >
13 > I've run mysql_upgrade successfully and all of the warnings have
14 > disappeared from the mysql log file except the following:
15 >
16 > [Warning] No argument was provided to --log-bin, and --log-bin-index
17 > was not used; so replication may break when this MySQL server acts as
18 > a master and has his hostname changed!! Please use
19 > '--log-bin=mysqld-bin' to avoid this problem.
20 >
21 > Should I change the default 'log-bin' line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf to
22 > 'log-bin = mysqld-bin'?
23 >
24 > - Grant
27 Unless you're actually going to use replication, log-bin is essentially
28 "crash-eventually = true".
29
30 I would just comment it out.