From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MySQL issue
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:57:19
1 Hi,
2
3 Without going into a long drawn out explanation, I was having a problem
4 with something on my system and though that maybe it was because of the
5 upgrade I did to MySQL. So, I decided I was going to unmerge MySQL and
6 emerge it again. That may have been a dumb move, but what the heck, you
7 learn by your mistakes right?
8
9 Anyway, that seemed to be fine, but now, I'm getting an error message:
10
11 ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
12 '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
13
14 I googled for this and gather that it has something to do with the
15 placement of the mysqld.sock file.
16
17 The problem is the only post that I found that was specific to Gentoo
18 was in German. Since I don't want to screw things up any more than they
19 already are, I'm turning here for help.
20
21 I do have the file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
22
23 How do I fix this?
24
25 Regards,