From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam limits
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:52:19
1 On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 14:35 +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Hi, ppl
3 >
4 > I have the habit of imposing some limitations over all users via
5 > /etc/security/limits.conf. For example I used to limit the number of
6 > concurrent processes one can execute to prevent the system from simple
7 > misuses like fork bombs by putting a limit (nproc) for group "users"
8 > and all other common groups ("games" etc.)
9 >
10 > Now that the behaviour of "useradd -m xyz" has changed from putting the
11 > newuser in group "users" ("xyz:users") to putting the user in a group
12 > with same name ("xyz:xyz") I would appreciate any advice on getting the
13 > old behavior back or any workaround to achieve the same goal - all
14 > users should be limited by default at creation time.
15
16 Oh do they do that now? That was that nasty Red Hat extension.
17 Nevertheless, override the default behavior:
18
19 # useradd -m -g users xyz
24 Albert W. Hopkins
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list