From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Subversion 1.2
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:41:55
1 I'd have thought lots of people in the gentoo crowd would have been
2 eagerly awaiting subversion 1.2.x with its substantial new "reserved
3 checkout" - but nothing seems to have moved forward.
4
5 Portage (by default) still gives me version 1.1.3... but version 1.2 has
6 been available for a couple of months and 1.2.1 a fortnight... I
7 wouldn't have considered this a difficult package to port to Gentoo -
8 especially as just about every other platform is supported directly by
9 the Subversion developers...
10
11 I've tried using ~x86 as my USE flag - but the 1.2 ebuild still won't
12 install reporting a "Problem in dev-util/subversion-1.2 dependencies"...
13 I'm reluctant to use an unstable subverison port as it would cost me a
14 fair bit of time if it scrambles my version controlled files. Does
15 anyone know what the problems are and why its taking so long to get
16 1.2.x into the default portage tree?
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list