From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Imagemagick and Graphicsmagick blocking each other
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:53:04
1 Hi
2
3 Not sure how, but I have both installed. I recall having some
4 dificulties... Let me look for them
5
6 Francisco
7
8 On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
9
10 > Hello,
11 >
12 > a number of packages depend on imagemagick, such as Inkscape, Frescobaldi
13 > and
14 > some LaTeX related stuff. I wanted to take a look at Octave, but this
15 > positively wants graphicsmagick, which is a fork of imagemagick as far as
16 > I can
17 > tell and which conflicts with imagemagick.
18 >
19 > Now some of the named packages can use graphicsmagick, it just comes last
20 > in
21 > the ebuild’s order of dependencies, but some others can’t. D’ya think this
22 > is
23 > worthy of a bug report, since graphicsmagick even has an imagemagick
24 > useflag?
25 > Perhaps this could be converted into a virtual to make this easier on a
26 > global
27 > scale.
28 >
29 > Or would it be too much dependent upon the individual package? I don’t know
30 > anything about graphicsmagick really, or its kind of compatibility
31 > implementation.
32 >
33 > Cheers
34 > --
35 > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
36 > I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
37 >
38 > “We all know Linux is great … it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.”
39 > – Linus Torvalds