From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox profile uses 100% CPU
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:15:55
1 On Thu, 12 Nov 2015, walt wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 17:38:45 -0700 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > When I start one of my firefox profile (even in "-save-mode")
6
7 That would be "-safe-mode" by the way, with an "f".
8
9 > I had a bad problem with the firefox profile manager about a year ago
10 > and I decided that the devs at mozilla are not maintaining that code
11 > any more, so I stopped using the profile manager.
12
13 What made you decide that? Are you a manager at Mozilla?
14
15 > Firefox/mozilla is a very old project with limited resources.
16
17 Yes, as a multi-million dollar company they are severely limited...
18
19 > The current developers are working full speed on security updates,
20 > which is good, but there is a lot of bitrot in their huge codebase.
21
22 Huh? What do you call "bitrot" and what indication for that do you see?
23 Peter.