From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openssl upgrade may miss some needed rebuilds
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:33:22
1 On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > Upstream really dropped the ball on this. When I'm updating packages
3 > I certainly don't carefully review all their ABIs and SONAMEs.
4 > Without some kind of automatic QA tool it would be a pretty big
5 > undertaking. I might go see if there is such a tool though, maybe
6 > that might be a good outcome if such a tool exists.
9 I recall reading about such a tool:
10 http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker
11 I haven't tried it out, but I would be curious to see whether it would have
12 caught this case.