From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMB/CIFS or NFS?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:27:01
1 On 4/21/2011 2:15 PM, kashani wrote:
2 > On 4/20/2011 6:21 PM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 >> Okay, I'm combining the portage distfiles dir into a storage server.
4 >>
5 >> Problem: the storage server is Windows 2003.
6 >>
7 >> Question: should I mount the distfile dir using SMB/CIFS or NFS? Is
8 >> there any performance and/or complexity issues?
11 > I'd recommend avoiding NFS if possible. I've always found it painful to
12 > get working and touchy after the fact.
13 >
14 > kashani
17 ... in a Windows and Linux environment. Figured I should add that to be
18 clear.
19
20 kashani