From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo older versions
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 20:26:02
1 KH wrote:
2 > Nitin Kanaskar schrieb:
3 >
4 >> Ok - I am not clear about the terminology -
5 >> packages, versions...
6 >> But i need to install gentoo 2004/2005 - if this
7 >> is right. I am a graduate student doing research on
8 >> vulnerabilities, exploits and IDS. Hence I am looking
9 >> for older gentoo installations which i know have
10 >> some vulnerabilities.
11 >> If i have to build whole OS from source, I am willing
12 >> to do that - but could not find any resource on that
13 >> old stuff.
14 >>
15 >> Hope I am clear about why I am looking for
16 >> such old stuff.
17 >>
18 >> Nitin
22 > hi,
23 >
24 > there should be the iso of xbox gentoo from 2005 available.
27 > http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo/experimental/x86/xbox/livecd/
28 >
29 > Also the old ebuilds (not the sources) should be somewhere to find. I
30 > read that they are kept.
31 >
32 > I might also have a 2005 iso from an minimal cd left but I am not
33 > absolutly sure about that.
34 >
35 > kh
39 I !may! have a Gentoo 1.4 CD somewhere. I would have to look around and
40 see if I can find it tho. Let me know if you want me to look. I would
41 have to copy it and mail it tho, if you are in the USA of course. I
42 don't have a way to upload it or serve it up.
43
44 Dale
45