From: Johnson Steward <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI-fails to boot
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 01:26:06
1 Well, check if you have CONFIG_FB_EFI enabled in your config.
2
3 > H30/01/26 0:28、Dan Johansson <dan@×××.nu>のメール:
4 >
5 > On 25.01.2018 16:24, Mick wrote:
6 >> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 13:18:13 GMT Dan Johansson wrote:
7 >>> Thanks for the advice, now grub starts and I get the menu (now I just
8 >>> have to figure out why the kernel hangs after being loaded).
9 >>
10 >> Glad you got it loading.
11 >>
12 >> Check at what stage the kernel oops - this would point at what in the kernel
13 >> configuration has gone awry. You must build the chipset and filesystem
14 >> drivers in the kernel (not as loadable modules), which may even drop you in a
15 >> command prompt to troubleshoot from there.
16 >
17 > The kernel did not oops, there were just the messages
18 > Booting 'Gentoo GNU/Linux'
20 > and here it was just hanging.
21 >
22 > I normally do not like to have an initramfs but to com further I
23 > installed genkernel and let it build the kernel.
24 > The genkernel generated kernel does boot and everything, except on thing
25 > (at the moment), works - I can ssh into the box and continue configuration.
26 >
27 > The one thing that is not working is that I do not see ANY boot-messages
28 > on the console (it just says Loading Linux and Loading initial ramdisk
29 > ...), and I do not get a login-prompt and can not switch VT.
30 >
31 > But as I said, I can login with ssh and can now continue with the setup,
32 > the "Console" has to wait.
33 >
34 > KR
35 >
36 > --
37 > Dan Johansson
39 > This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!