From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Restore visual aspect
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:34:11
1 Please see my comments below.
2 I even created a new user and fired XFCE fresh with that one,
3 and still got ugly interface.
4
5 Regards,
6 Catalin
7
8 Redouane Boumghar wrote:
9 > hello Catalin
10 >
11 > Did you changed the xorg.conf file ?
12 I did change it by removing AIGLX and compiz related stuff.
13 >
14 > Did you trace and backup the changes you did ?
15 >
16 No! because I played many times with X and it never gave me such things;
17 I doubt it's X anyway.
18 > What do you mean by "remove all visually related files"
19 > in your home directory ?
20 > You deleted .gconf and .kde ?
21 >
22 removed .gconf, .config, .*rc related to GTK and friends
23 > Did you uninstall gtk2 ?
24 >
25 this one I did not try!
26 > I think thats few questions that may help others to help you better.
27 >
28 > Best Regards
29 > Red.
32 > Catalin Trifu wrote: