From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trendnet KVM Switch
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:22:39
1 080819 Guillermo Dutra wrote:
2 > I'm using gentoo linux since 1 year. Everything works good,
3 > but the last week I Bought a KVM Switch with 2 ports:
4 > it works well in a XP Box but with my gentoo linux It Doesent work,
5 > While Gentoo don´t start the X server the kvm works well,
6 > but when I start the X's It doesen't response any more,
7 > maybe I have to configure a special setting in my xorg-x11 ?
8 > the switch is a "TK-205K Trendent"
9 > and here is the link [1] says that Linux OS is supported
10 > [1] http://trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=100_TK-205K&cat=105
11
12 I have a 'Freedom' KVM switch, which was adequate for settings things up
13 when I was installing Gentoo in a newly-built box
14 & using the previous machine for other things at the same time.
15 However, one of the graphics connections doesn't work properly
16 & today I simply use the switch as an extension of my keyboard cord.
17 As with any hardware problem, the first thing is to swap things around:
18 try plugging the machines into the opposite outlets & see what happens.
19 You may find that one of the switch's channels is defective.
20
21 > PD: Sorry for my bad english!!
22
23 No problem there (smile).
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca