From: Gregory Fontenele <gregoryfontenele@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about pulseaudio
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:32:03
1 any manager can I unsubscribe from this list?
2
3 On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 05:37, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > I'm thinking about trying pulseaudio and seeing if it will fix a issue I
6 > have. Some of my programs, k3b for one, plays a sound and it will about
7 > wake up the dead. Some others, like KDE sound effects when I change
8 > desktops, can't even be heard unless the speakers are turned up a good bit.
9 > Then some, like smplayer, affect the volume of other applications such as
10 > the PCM control which also changes a lot of other apps.
11 >
12 > Does it sound like this will do what I need? Control each app separately?
13 > While I am at it:
14 >
15 > 01:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation Device 0be2 (rev a1)
16 > Subsystem: nVidia Corporation Device 069a
17 > Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
18 >
19 > 0:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
20 > Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Device a002
21 > Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
22 >
23 > One of those is my sound card. I never noticed I had two entries there.
24 > Hmmmm. Weird. Anybody get this to work well with this hardware? Easy to
25 > set up? So difficult it was like pulling teeth? The sound does work here,
26 > just need some fine tuning.
27 >
28 > Thanks for the info.
29 >