From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] anyone tried amdgpu (kernel module)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 07:36:20
1 On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor <mcp_reznor@×××××××.com
2 > wrote:
3
4 > I have a Bonaire gpu, which has legacy support using the amdgpu kernel
5 > module. I currently use the Radeon dri module with radeonsi mesa drivers
6 > and am quite happy. But gentoo being gentoo I thought I'd give the amdgpu
7 > a go for the fun of it.
8 >
9 > Tried a few variations and keep coming up with a black screen on boot and
10 > it's hard locked. I'm using the same Firmware includes that the radeon
11 > driver requires, and from reading it looks like that's fine with amdgpu, so
12 > I'm not sure what else could be the issue.
13 >
14 > Has anyone here tried and had success with it? I've tried Kernels 4.2
15 > 4.2.4 4.3 and 4.3.2. So I believe I'm missing something simple and it's
16 > not a kernel bug.
19 Did you consult the wiki article shown below when configuring your system
20 to use admgpu?
21
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Amdgpu