From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is ABI a portage variable?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 00:10:29
1 I am trying to package software whose build process (autotools based)
2 depends on a variable "ABI" to determine (on x86 and amd64 arch at least)
3 whether to build as 64 bit or 32 bit. If it is not set externally, the
4 configure script sets it by inspecting the native pointer size of the C
5 compiler, to either "64" or "32".
6
7 Naturally, I thought the cleanest way for a package was to leave it
8 unset and let configure choose the native value. But somehow it ends up
9 with a setting "amd64" and then complains that it is not one of the
10 expected values. I am stuck determining where that value comes from.
11 Is it portage? If so, how to change or disable it? Is it safe to just
12 do the following?
13
14 ABI='' ./configure
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
20 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.