From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] encrypted email (gentoo-windows)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:27:53
1 Am 25.03.2011 22:13, schrieb Matt Harrison:
2 > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:09:23PM +0100, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
3
4 >> Mail encryption is, as far as I know, something that works on the
5 >> client-side only. The mail server doesn't see the encryption,
6 >> encrypted mails contain only text, just like every other mail.
7
8 > amavis-new supports signing all outgoing mails with a gpg signature,
9 > not that I think it's very relevant to the OP's question. I just
10 > wanted to chime in asI haven't posted here in a while :)
11
12 As I said, as far as I know.
13 I haven't used amavis in years so that I was not aware of this.
14 But mail signing and mail encrypting are two absolutly differend pair of
15 shoes.
16
17 Greetings
18
19 Sebastian Beßler
20
21 PS: The key you use for signing is expired.