From: Egon Kocjan <egon.kocjan@××××.si>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sysvinit scripts
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:04:51
1 Hello,
2
3 I have developed a cross-platform installer which places service startup
4 script in /etc/init.d and symlink in /etc/rcX.d (there are some other
5 possible places like /etc/rc.d and /etc/rc.d/rcX.d). This approach works
6 almost "everywhere" (redhat, suse, debian/ubuntu, mandriva,
7 slackware, ...).
8
9 After reading Gentoo documentation, it seems I will have to recode the
10 startup script specifically for Gentoo, because functions start() and
11 stop() are expected instead of start and stop script arguments.
12
13 Is there another option like installing some sort of rcX.d
14 compatibility?
15
16 Thanks,
17 Egon