From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "No CUDA device found" with nvidia-drivers newer than nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1(
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:49:35
1 On 08/15 03:35, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 15/08/18 15:02, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Then I do an "emerge <new nvidia-driver-version>" and CUDA stops
4 > > working. I do not change anything else nor do I know, who/what could
5 > > disable CUDA on both cards ... except for the driver itsself.
6 >
7 > Dumb question, but just to be sure: did you reboot after upgrading the
8 > driver? The driver never worked for me correctly, unless I reboot. Unloading
9 > the driver with "modprobe -r" and loading the new one doesn't work
10 > correctly, only rebooting does.
14 Yes, I did reboot the system