From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartd Prefailure messages
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:15:52
1 Mick wrote:
2 > <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Thanks, I'll browse through these.
7 It makes me wonder if the drives are "sensitive" to something. This
8 seems to be common with Maxtor. Is Hitachi made by the same company as
9 Maxtor I wonder?
10
11 I have been getting these errors for some time now. They pass the tests
12 tho. You can run that with this: smartctl -t long /dev/hdX The X
13 should be replaced with the correct drive or you may have to use sdX if
14 you have SATA drives. After it gets done, which may take a while, you
15 can get the results like this: smartctl -l selftest /dev/hdX. Replace
16 the X again.
17
18 Hope you get a good report. Mine passed.
19
20 Dale
21