From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb write delay
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:04:30
1 On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:52 PM, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'd like to reduce the time delay between a command or program's writing
3 > to a file on a flash drive and when ext2 actually writes the data to the
4 > drive.  How can I do this?
5
6 In addition to Florian's tip, you can also remove the delay completely
7 by mounting with sync option. This may negatively impact performance.
8
9 Alternatively you can leave it caching as normal and then issue the
10 "sync" command when you're done doing your USB operations and it'll
11 flush remaining data to the flash drive immediately. (I think
12 unmount/eject will do this too.) That's what I usually do.