From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash and ACPI issue - laptop lid
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:46:04
1 On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:41:56 -0400
2 Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > The issue I've run into is that this will cause my laptop to suspend to
5 > the RAM upon any change in the lid state, irregardless of if it is open
6 > or closed. I tried to be more specific by utilizing the suffix of the
7 > event, but it's incremental, which is a bit beyond my abilities. Any
8 > suggestions to make this suspend only when the lid is closed?
9
10 This one seem to be working for me:
11
12 #!/bin/sh
13 if grep closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state &>/dev/null
14 then echo "Lid closed, suspending..."
15 else echo "Lid is open, doing nothing"
16 fi
19 Then, you can just put it to, say, crontab, with a line like this:
20
21 */5 * * * * /path/to/script.sh
22
23 ...which'll make it run every five minutes, so the laptop will be
24 suspended within five mins of closing the lid, which should also
25 prevent accidental closing events.
28 Of course, you should put your actions to the aforementioned script, if
29 you want it to do something useful, instead of just experimental echo.
33 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net