From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:17:46
1 On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:27:08 +0800
2 zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > I don't know if in China network is specially boardband otherwise how to
5 > explain the forums dare to allow dozens of hi-res photo posted in-line
6 > of messages and web designers dare to design websites with a front page
7 > of more than 3MB (e.g. our local tax office website contain huge picture
8 > and flash on the front-page with several hundreds of links on it).
9
10 You can use on-demand loading for such content with firefox plugins
11 like flashblock - it'll load flash only when you click on it. I bet
12 there are plenty such plugins for images, as well.
13
14 Also, you might consider disabling firefox cache (which I find quite
15 slow) at all, using a proxy (like squid) to cache such a large static
16 objects - it'll do much better job w/o any burden on your resources.
17 Besides, it can cache static for whole your network, or communicate
18 with other local proxies, taking advantage of their caches to speed up
22 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net