From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: not accepting connections
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:39:20
1 On Tuesday 17 October 2006 07:25, Larry Brigman wrote:
2 > I have real vncserver (4.1.2) running on WinXP (sp2) with
3 > ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm is allowing vncserver server access but
4 > the icon in the tray says that it is not accepting connections.
5 >
6 > I don't have any limits on connections in the connection tab of the server
7 > and I have a password set. I have also check to see if I had remote
8 > desktop enabled, I don't.
9 >
10 > Anybody give me a cluestick as to what is wrong here?
11
12 What do the ZoneAlarm logs show? Is it dropping the packets?
13
14 Just to take ZoneAlarm out of the equation:
15
16 - Turn on the WinXP Firewall and turn on its logging.
17 - disable ZA and then switch it off completely. Look in WinXP's Task Manager
18 to make sure that no ZA processes are left running.
19 - Try to connect to your VNC server and see what you get. If it doesn't
20 connect check the WinXP Firewall logs. If it does connect you know that it
21 was ZoneAlarm's settings that stopped it.
22
23 HTH
24 --
25 Regards,