From: gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusing boot up messages
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 03:43:27
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Nick Rout wrote:
5 > has baselayout recently been updated? If so etc-update (or one of its
6 > clones) should fix things.
9 Yeah, baselayout was one of the packages updated. I prefer
10 dispatch-conf, which I ran. I use a script that I wrote that runs
11 emerge -DuatvN world, emerge --depclean, revdep-rebuild, dispatch-conf
12 and updates AIDE, all in series. I ran it again, just to check, but
13 it doesn't pick up anything. So, how do I find out which config file
14 hosed me?
15
16 Incidentally, I looked at `rc-update show boot' and `rc-update show
17 default' and realized that some of the packages that require "net"
18 were starting at "boot" AND "default". A while back, I remember
19 seeing that net.eth0 couldn't start until the "default" runlevel, so I
20 (re)moved those service that were attempting to start at boot. I get
21 fewer errors, but I still get some. One of my OCD tendencies is to
22 have a "clean" boot, so I would really like to get this resolved.
23
24 TIA
27 > On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:42:21 -0700