From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP Elitebook 2540p
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:02:47
1 "siefke_listen@×××.de" <siefke_listen@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > i has buy a newer laptop and now again the kernel make trouble. It
6 > end ever with VFS unable ... so i think something is wrong in
7 > SATA configuration.
8
9 Very sparse information. It would be helpful if you would tell us at
10 least the exact error message (I guess it's something like
11 VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block...) and also what kind
12 of chipset is inside your laptop (lspci). I'm really too lazy to ask
13 google about that. ;-)
16 Some ideas:
17
18 The bootloader isn't configured correctly.
19
20 Missing filesystem support in kernel.
21
22 Kernel SATA driver configuration isn't correct.
25 Regards
26 wabe