From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Somewhat OT: Any truth to this mess?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:12:56
1 (Sorry for the top-post...I'm mobile atm.)
2
3 My understanding is that core network operators filter ASs for which they
4 don't have a contract for transit. I.e, if I were to get my own PI space,
5 I'd have to pay tier 1 networks (or pay someone to ride on *their*
6 contract) for a contract to have packets destined for my AS to be able to
7 reach me across their network.
8
9 ZZ