From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Unable to emerge with nss_ldap in use.
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 13:43:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I've come across this very strange problem.
4
5 I have a few work stations configured to use pam_ldap and nss_ldap.
6 The portage user and portage group are on the local machines, i.e, in
7 /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
8
9 with
10 passwd: files ldap
11 shadow: files ldap
12 group: files ldap
13 in /etc/nsswitch.conf
14
15 "getent passwd" shows the protage user just fine, same goes for the
16 portage group.
17
18 However emerge will not work. If I emerge a package, it fails at
19 downloading packages, looks like it doesn't have permission to write
20 to /usr/portage/distfiles.
21
22 setting /etc/nsswitch.conf to:
23 passwd: compat
24 shadow: compat
25 group: compat
26 will allow me to emerge packages, however, ldap users won't be able to log on.
27
28 Have I done anything wrong? I did google for the answer, however, I
29 wasn't able to find any. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
30
31 -- Joe
34 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
35 Those who can count, and those who can't.
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list