From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE -> Shutdown - Sometimes it's there, other times it's not......
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:08:58
Hi all,
	Running an unstable 64 bit KDE desktop. Sometimes when it comes time to
shut down, I go to the "K" thingy on the menu bar, select "Leave" ->
"Shut down" and then hit the button on the dialogue that pops up, and in
turn the machine shuts down.

	Other times, after selecting "Shut down", no dialogue comes up. Even if
I wait 30 seconds, the default shutdown wait period, the machine does
not shut down. In this case, I now have to resort to firing up a
terminal then as root running "shutdown -h now". This will in turn cause
the shutdown.

	Does anyone have any ideas as to why sometimes the dialogue, and hence
the shutdown process, does work and others it does not? Any thoughts are
greatly appreciated.

	Andrew