From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to dhcp to a specific address, and thank you
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:53:10
1 On Monday 24 September 2007, Neil Walker wrote:
2 > Alan E. Davis wrote:
3 > > My QUESTION: I connect two machines at home to a wireless router, with
4 > > my IP number a local one, assigned by the router. Is it reasonable to
5 > > set this up so my main home machine has the same IP number always, so
6 > > I can set up other machines to print over the local wireless net?
7 >
8 > Yes, of course you can. You can either set it up with a static address
9 > in /etc/conf.d/net with something like:
10 >
11 > config_ath0=( "192.168.1.2" )
12 > routes_ath0=( "default via 192.168.1.1" )
13 >
14 > substituting whatever is appropriate for your interface and addresses or
15 > you can configure the router to always give the same IP address to the
16 > MAC address of your main machine.
17
18 Or you can set it at the router, i.e. assign static IP addresses at the router
19 GUI and run dhcpcd at your different boxen.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick