From: krgn <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] via_rhine adaptor won't work
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:30:11
1 I am in the process of installing on another computer at the moment
2 which has this via_rhine network interface. I will not start normally
3 without a solution I have found on the net. At least this worked for the
4 liveCD installation stage. It is issuing acpi=off and noapic to the
5 kernel.
6 Now it is booted into the 'real' kernel and I gave it these options
7 before boot;
8
9 grub.conf
10
11 kernel /boot/gentoo-2.6.15-ck-1 root=/dev/hda3 acpi=off noapic
12
13 but still the adapter won't work anymore. What could be the reason. It
14 shows the same symptoms as before, ifconfig eth0 will show the device
15 properly configured but trying to add a route will fail.
16
17 Please help..
18
19 KArsten