From: Daniel Quinn <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I'm missing key parts of GNOME
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:32:45
1 So rather than install *all* of GNOME, I opted for setting `-extras` and
2 then just did an `emerge gnome`. However, now that everything is
3 installed, I have two rather important features missing that I'm
4 wondering if I can install special without rolling in things like
5 evolution and trackers etc.
6
7 The two features are:
8
9 * The GNOME extensions plugin is missing from all of my browsers
10 * The keyboard settings are severely limited. I can only change a few
11 hotkey combinations. Repeat rate for example is gone.
12
13 To be honest, I'm not even sure that this is a result of missing the
14 extras as I'm pretty sure both of these features were there when I did a
15 fresh install a few months ago (I did after all install a bunch of
16 extensions at that point that continue to work today) However things
17 appear to have gone awry since the update to 3.22.
18
19 Any insight on this would be appreciated.