From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to losen restrictions on root password
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 01:24:26
1 On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 18:52:43 -0400,
2 antlists wrote:
3 >
4 > On 20/07/2021 23:37, John Covici wrote:
5 > > Hi. After a recent update, I discovered I could not log in as root on
6 > > my local console. Soome software put lots of restrictions on how I
7 > > could choose the password and I would like to losen or abolish those
8 > > restrictions. This is only for local consoles, so its a bit
9 > > rediculous anyway.
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 > >
13 > /etc/security/passwdqc.conf ???
14 >
15 > hth
18 Thanks, never messed with this before, I will see what I can see.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici wb2una