From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reconstruct package.use
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:38:23
1 On 15-03-15 at 00:12, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > It took 10 years but I've finally done something monumentally stupid in
3 > Gentoo:
4 >
5 > I delete package.use and have no backup
6 >
7 > Is there any easy way to recover what was in it? I'm busy doing it the
8 > long way round - repeatedly running emerge world, get past the blocking
9 > USE, then see all the flags that portage thinks changed.
10 >
11 > I wonder if there might be an easier way that I don't know of.
12 Have you tried:
13 emerge -pDU --with-bdeps=y @world
14
15 That should list all packages where the installed use-flags differ from
16 the "current" use-flags.
19 Simon Thelen