From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering root password
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:05:00
1 On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 25. März 2008 schrieb ext Uwe Thiem:
3
4 > > Yes, and it isn't necessary. You lock your servers away so that
5 > > nobody has physical access to them.
6 >
7 > What if you sell them or give them back (leased machines)? Do you
8 > erase your discs beforehand.
9
10 Depends on the content of the disks. If it is sensitive, I wipe them
11 (not just rm or mkfs). But then, this problem has never occurred to
12 me. I don't lease servers, nor do I sell them. Usually, my servers
13 aren't sellable by the time I can't use them any more. ;-)
14
15 Uwe
18 Informal Linux Group Namibia:
19 http://www.linux.org.na/