From: henkg@××××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] brltty
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:16:24
1 On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:58:06AM +0100, mattias wrote:
2 > Can i install gentoo with braille support in the installation?
3
4 I normally do this through a running gentoo system:
5
6 1. boot up the live cd
7 2. passwd
8 <enter some new password twice>
9
10 /etc/init.d/sshd start
11
12 and than I log into this live cd from another box that has brltty
13 working.
14
15 This may not be very useful for a first-time installation.
16
17 Depending on dhcp settings of your router it may be hard to find the IP
18 address given by your dhcp server, I sometimes do a ping <other host>
19 from the new machine, in the hope that the arp command on the other host
20 will see the new machine.
21
22 Kind regards,
23