From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:12:11
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 23:55 on Tuesday 10 May 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Hi folks,
5 >
6 > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that
7 > have done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there
8 > issues? I'm mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I
9 > have. Just a simple works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.
10 > List issues if you had any.
13 Been using it for, oh I dunno - ages?, on a variety of x86 and amd64 machines.
14 All bar one were clean installs, the one - this very notebook - was a
15 migration.
16
17 Does it work? Well, you've been reading my posts all this time so the
18 migration couldn't have been catastrophic :-)
19
20 It was a PITA at the time, having to go through conf.d and fiddle each one to
21 be conformant. But once complete, it was a reboot and JustWorks(tm)
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com