From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] REQUIRED_USE on dev-db/mariadb-10.0 confuses me
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:42:11
1 On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:17:00 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Calculating dependencies... done!
4 >
5 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
6 > xml? ( extraengine )
7
8 > Can you please remind me what the above message means? What is the
9 > meaning of the question mark after xml? I remember this has been
10 > answered before (at least by Alan) but I can't seem to find the thread
11 > just now.
12
13 The question mark is a test, what this means is
14
15 if USE contains "xml":
16 USE most also contain extraengone
17
18 Add extraengine to package.use and all should be well. At least until the
19 next time emerge decides to puke all over your terminal in an attempt to
20 hide the cause of the error :(
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 If I save time, when do I get it back?